Brunswick / Southeast GA News
Category: Brunswick Area Breaking News
SBJ Staff Report
Sept 20, 2011 - GSI Commerce has announced a major expansion in Brunswick, with the potential to add 750 new seasonal jobs in Georgia in the company’s refurbished facility at 3045 Scarlett Street in Brunswick.
GSI Commerce is a leading provider of ecommerce and interactive marketing solutions and is celebrating the grand opening of its new call center facility in Brunswick with a ribbon cutting ceremony this Thurs. Sept. 22.
The company had an existing call center facility but needed to expand into a larger facility to accommodate their growing business and expect seasonal hiring of approximately 750 employees during their peak season.
The ribbon cutting will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a press conference and remarks by Mike Maloy, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Brunswick Chamber of Commerce; Tom Sublett, Chairman of the Glenn County Commissioners; Jesse Korella, GSI, Vice President of Customer Care; and Jan Cunningham, GSI, Senior Director. A tour of the facility will be offered at 12:30 p.m. followed by a luncheon for dignatories.
As they gear up to hire, individuals interested in employment opportunities at GSI should apply online at www.gsicommerce.com.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 30 - Marketing Professional and Business Strategy Consultant to Jointly Speak at Leadership NOW Lecture on Tuesday, April 7
- Jan. 29 – SEDA Feb.10 Board Meeting
- Jan. 15 - Tickets for the 17th Annual Savannah Tire Hockey Classic available now
- Oct. 28 - 2014 National Preservation Conference Brings Thousands to Savannah
- Oct. 28 – Seminar: Employment Law for the Small Business: A Legal Update - Nov. 6
Most Read Stories
- Barrow to Host Financial Literacy Forum in Savannah
- Georgia Power Shutting Two Coal Plants Due to Environmental Costs
- Savannah Area January 2014 Calendar of Events
- Understanding St. Joseph's/ Candler’s Settlement of $2.7 Million with AG
- CSX Corporation Stock Continues its Climb; Reports Record Earnings
- Sept 12 – Savannah Chamber Announces ‘Leadership Savannah’ 2011 Class
- CEO PROFILE: Mohsen Badran Prepared to Continue Goodwill's Growth in Savannah Area