Brunswick / Southeast GA News
Category: Brunswick Area Breaking News
SBJ Staff Report
Sept 20, 2011 - GSI Commerce has announced a major expansion in Brunswick, with the potential to add 750 new seasonal jobs in Georgia in the company’s refurbished facility at 3045 Scarlett Street in Brunswick.
GSI Commerce is a leading provider of ecommerce and interactive marketing solutions and is celebrating the grand opening of its new call center facility in Brunswick with a ribbon cutting ceremony this Thurs. Sept. 22.
The company had an existing call center facility but needed to expand into a larger facility to accommodate their growing business and expect seasonal hiring of approximately 750 employees during their peak season.
The ribbon cutting will begin at 11:30 a.m. with a press conference and remarks by Mike Maloy, Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Brunswick Chamber of Commerce; Tom Sublett, Chairman of the Glenn County Commissioners; Jesse Korella, GSI, Vice President of Customer Care; and Jan Cunningham, GSI, Senior Director. A tour of the facility will be offered at 12:30 p.m. followed by a luncheon for dignatories.
As they gear up to hire, individuals interested in employment opportunities at GSI should apply online at www.gsicommerce.com.
Overall Rating (0)
- Sept. 1 - Lucky's Market Hosts Job Fair this Wednesday, Other Events to Prepare for Opening of New Store
- Aug. 12 - Sandfly Women Business Owners Networking Group announces next meeting, to be held on Aug. 20
- Aug. 10 - Savannah Philharmonic Announces 2015 Picnic in the Park Lineup, Sponsors and Picnic Contest Theme
- July 30 - Leadership Savannah to host event on Aug. 27 to honor founding members
- July 14 - Last chance for early bird Geekend 2015 tickets