Liberty / Long Business News
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
November 3, 2016 – Liberty County economic development leaders announced last week that Liberty County received two accolades in the inaugural “Best of Georgia” list published by Southern Business & Development (SB&D) magazine, now available.
Proximity to the Port of Savannah and suitability for aerospace are the traits for which Liberty County is receiving recognition, according to LCDA CEO Ronald E. Tolley.
“We were elated to learn that our county is featured among the ‘Best Small Market Aerospace Location’ and ‘Best Industrial Sites Close to the Port of Savannah’ lists,” Tolley said. “These accolades support our industrial recruitment efforts, and are evidenced by the success of aerospace manufacturer Alcoa Forgings and Extrusions and port users such as Target, Tire Rack, Hugo Boss and Hankook.”
The “Best of Georgia” list is among a “Best of Economic Development in the American South” series introduced earlier this year by the publication.
Designations were awarded in accordance with a survey of SB&D’s Southern Economic Development Roundtable, which includes current and former Secretaries of Commerce of Southern states, along with educators, economists, consultants and local economic developers.
Southern Business & Development magazine highlights business and industrial news in the American South, with a circulation of more than 12,000 throughout North America.
The Liberty County Development Authority actively markets Tradeport Business Center, located about 30 minutes south of Savannah and positioned strategically on Interstate 95 with access to Interstate 16.
- Aug. 6 - Dairy Queen Chief Operating Officer Visits Glennville’s DQ Grill & Chill® Restaurant to Help Serve a Blizzard of Miracles Aug. 8
- Liberty County Health Department Hosting WIC Farmers Market
- DOD's desired Army Restructuring Could Impact Fort Stewart
- Project Homeless Connect Holding Outreach Event in Hinesville
- Liberty County to Hold Community Health Expo 2013 on June 1
- June 26 - CenturyLink Wins Fort Stewart Army Base Contract Company to Provide $2.1 Million in Telecommunications Services
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20