Commercial Real Estate
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
February 7, 2017 – Image Hotels. a leading hotel management and development company based in Pooler, plans to break ground on the construction of a four-story, 120-room Courtyard by Marriott in Pooler, GA on Thurs., Feb. 23 at 10:00 am.
The Courtyard Pooler/Savannah Airport will operate as a Marriott franchise, owned by Image Pooler, LLC and managed by Image Hotels, Inc. The hotel is scheduled to open in Sept. 2018.
Located at 419 Pooler Parkway, in the rapidly-growing retail corridor of Pooler, the Courtyard Pooler/Savannah Airport will offer convenient access to the airport and the Tanger Outlet.
“We are thoroughly excited to add the latest-generation Courtyard design to the Savannah Airport area,” said Kal Patel, president/CEO of Image Hotels. “It showcases Marriott’s latest prototype for the brand, and is the perfect addition to this market, which is very popular with business and leisure travelers.”
The new hotel will include such amenities as a fitness center, guest laundry, a business center, the Bistro restaurant, The Market™, a 24/7 shop for snacks and beverages, and 4,000 square feet of meeting space to accommodate events for up to175 people. The hotel will offer Courtyard’s latest generation in design and feature the exclusive Courtyard GoBoard™, a 52-inch LCD touch screen packed with local information.
Image Hotels owns and operates six hotels under the franchise brands of Marriott, Hilton Hotels and Choice Hotels. The company has properties in Savannah, Georgia and Mobile, Alabama.
- Jan. 23 - St. John Baptist Church buys Savannah Christian Prep’s DeRenne Campus with major expansion planned
- Jan. 3 – JEA seeks to straighten out zoning to allow for “modest expansion” on Abercorn Street
- The Diligence of an Investors Group brings hoped for justice to James Sidney Johnson in Tradeport Business Center Scam
- Dec. 8 – Savannah City Council approves rezoning to allow new apartment complex, and to amend Tricentennial Plan
- Dec. 7 - Walton Communities Secures Over $14 Million for New Senior Development in Augusta
- Prime Property for Sale - City of Savannah
- Dec. 2 – County Commissioners approve study by MPC to pursue ‘Historic District’ designation for the Sandfly area
- Aug. 25 - CenterPoint to develop major Spec Facility at CenterPoint Intermodal Center in Savannah
- Aug. 24 – Large Storage Facility, Six Short-term Rentals and Three more Package Stores seek Variances at ZBA Thurs
- Aug. 15 - Ben Carter Enterprises Acquires Sole Ownership of Outparcels Surrounding Tanger Outlets Savannah
- Aug. 5 – “It’s just plain wrong,” say Brian Foster on spending $2.9 million for Fairgrounds property
- July 20 – ZBA Chairman reviewing decision to allow proposed large storage company to re-submit zoning appeal
- July 7 – City to declare $3 million Oglethorpe Ave., parking lot surplus, and put it up for sale
- June 23 - RealtyMogul.com announces another $7.5 Million of Closed Transactions including 100 Bull Street
- June 7 – Inman Park Properties sells 7 Drayton Street for $7 mil plus for a new hotel
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20