Construction & Building
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
March 28, 2017 – Local commercial architects, Felder & Associates, a Savannah firm founded in 2012 which specializes in historic preservation, commercial architecture, adaptive reuse architecture, corporate interior design, high-end residential design, green building and neo-traditional building, has been selected by the Richmond Hill United Methodist for its new church.
The church held a groundbreaking on for its new 14,000 sq ft Ministry Center, a $3.5 million project, this past Sunday, March 26.
And Aspen Group was selected as the construction general manager, led by Stephen M. Cruze, senior project manager. Aspen Group is a ministry-focused design/build/furnish firm with more than a decade of experience building churches in the Midwest and Southeast states. Aspen’s mission is to create space for ministry impact.
Felder & Associates has a staff of LEED accredited architects and interior designers who focus on sustainability. The firm is a member of the Savannah Chamber of Commerce and Historic Savannah Foundation. The firm is nationally connected in the American Institutes of Architects, the American Society of Interior Designers and the United States Green Building Council. Felder & Associates recently completed the Grey restaurant in the former Greyhound bus depot in the Savannah historic district.
The new Ministry Center will provide facilities for the growing needs of the congregation and community. The $3.5-million project includes a fellowship hall to seat 400 people and a commercial kitchen; a worship space for the Church’s contemporary worship service; a youth center that will accommodate 120 youth; and office space. The project will also include modifications to the current fellowship hall to convert the space into a nursery area and music suite.
Richmond Hill Mayor Harold Fowler participated in the event with RHUMC Senior Pastor Dr. Glenn Martin, UMC Coastal District Superintendent Wayne Moseley, chairperson of the building committee Mary Ann Henderson, chairman of the finance committee Bob May, and other church officials for the ceremony, along with representatives from the Aspen Group and Felder & Associates.
Richmond Hill United Methodist Church is located at 9050 Ford Ave., Richmond Hill, GA 31324
- FEATURE: UPDATED: Supt. Lockamy asks Board to buy out his contract; Denies Cumming's protest over SCCPSS Board vote
- Feb. 16 – School Board goes with Parsons/Vanguard for ESPLOST Construction Program Management
- Feb. 13 – UPDATED: SCCPSS School Board posts Special Called Meeting to award ESPLOST 3 Program Management Contract
- Feb. 1 - GDOT Contracts awarded for District 1 in Chatham and Liberty counties
- Jan. 31 - Gregg Higgins named Regional Director for EOM Operations
- Jan. 24 – Rep. Stephen’s bill to tax construction rental equipment moves to 2nd Reading in the House
- Jan. 18 - Is the Lt. Gov's and Senate Republicans “The FAST Act" a 'Score Card' on a lot of Georgia Republican-Majority City Councils/County Commissions?
- Jan. 18 – Robbie Jones, Coastal Electric of GA, chosen IEC Georgia’s Contractor of the Year
- Jan. 9 - New Port Wentworth interchange to open Jan. 15; State Route 21 weekend closure
- Dec. 17 - Good news in the Residential Home Construction industry in Georgia reflected in Nov. employment
- Dec. 8 – Wolverton & Associates awarded $200,000 Civil Design Engineering Services contract with City of Savannah
- Nov. 16 - Brighton Builders Cleans Up at Lighthouse Awards
- Oct. 27 – Council postpones decision on Tree Lawn Ordinance in Historic District
- Oct. 27 – City Council votes to tighten Victorian District Zoning, an effort by Neighborhood Assn
- Oct. 27 - Emergent Structures Awarded 2016 Sustainable Building Award
- Oct. 14 – Agenda and related materials for CORE MPO Technical Coordinating Committee mtg. set for Oct. 20
- Oct. 9 - VENDOR INFORMATION for Hurricane Matthew
- Sept. 27 - Georgia DOT and City of Savannah to hold forums for disadvantaged’ businesses tomorrow
- Alderman Dr. Estella Shabazz urges Mayor and Council to Suspend Purchasing Decisions until New City Manager arrives
- Sept. 7 - Collins Construction chosen to renovate Chatham County Health Department Building
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20