Category: Business Events
Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
October 19, 2016 - Throughout the country, people are seeking walkable, urban neighborhoods in which to live and work. Savannah, GA is a prime example of a thriving downtown in tremendous demand by residents and visitors alike. The Savannah Urbanism Series considers the difficult questions that are presented by growth, change, and development.
On Thursday, Oct. 20 from from 5-7 p.m. at the Savannah Theatre, the Savannah Development and Renewal Authority will present their next lecture in the series.
In "Building Beauty in the Urban Environment," nationally renowned speaker and former Mayor of Charleston Joseph "Joe" Riley, Jr. will explore how sound planning and preservation can foster an engaging city fabric and create economic growth and better quality of life for the people therein. By sharing his insights and decades of experience, Mr. Riley will demonstrate how political leadership and individual stakeholders alike can enhance our infrastructure and public spaces and refine our strategies for development in the future. On October 20th, join us to discover how by enriching urban design and promoting the arts in Savannah, we can shape a beautiful city that supports both tourism and its own vibrant community culture.
This event is presented by Engel & Völkers Savannah and NAI-Mopper Benton.
Overall Rating (0)
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20