People in the News
Week of March 27, 2017 - Gov. Nathan Deal has announced the appointment of the Atty. Jeffery N. Osteen as State Court Judge of Liberty County. Osteen will fill the vacancy created by the resignation of the Honorable Leon M. Braun, Jr. The appointment will take effect upon swearing in.
Osteen is an attorney with Jones Osteen & Jones in Hinesville. He also serves as Liberty County Solicitor-General. He earned a bachelor’s degree from Mercer University and a law degree from the Walter F. George School of Law at Mercer University. He and his wife, Victoria, have two children and reside in Midway.
* * * * *
BankSouth has named Denise Denison as its new relationship manager. With over 14 years of banking industry experience serving in leadership positions, Denison will work to develop, expand, and retain customer relationships for the community bank, with offices in Savannah. Specifically, her role will be to serve business and commercial banking relationships.
Ms. Denison comes to BankSouth as an accomplished industry veteran. “We are thrilled to welcome Denise to our team of community bankers and lenders,” said BankSouth Market President, Laura Moore. “Her innate ability to identify and provide positive financial solutions to customers, coupled by her tremendous work ethic, will be an incredible asset to the culture here at BankSouth, which is fundamentally rooted in the value of relationship banking.”
* * * * *
Kimberly Miltiades has joined Celia Dunn Sotheby’s International Realty as a sales associate. She has had her Georgia real estate license for more than 10 years and has earned designation as a real estate negotiations expert. Prior to joining Celia Dunn Sotheby’s International Realty, Miltiades worked with other real estate firms where she developed expertise in new construction and first home buyers as well as working with other buyers and investors to include short sale and foreclosure transactions. Miltiades also was able to utilize her design skills by assisting clients with home staging and marketing of their home.
Ms. Militiades previously worked in commercial real estate as a Contract Specialist doing “ground-up” construction and land development, as well as providing lease management for residential and small office buildings at Gulfstream Aerospace. Prior to that position, she used her organizational and time management skills working in the Program Department assisting with local and foreign government aircraft as well as special mission aircraft fleets.
* * * * *
- Mar. 6 – PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: New PIO for CNT; Bill Dowell joins HOS Management; Whitney Ray named to Chamber Bd.
- Mar. 2 - Keith Fletcher of Speros Featured in National Magazine, Business Solutions
- Feb. 21 - Ruthie Lynah Joins Celia Dunn Sotheby’s International Realty
- Feb. 20 - Parker’s Hires Troy Krout as District Manager
- Feb. 13 – PEOPLE IN THE NEWS: New execs at Parkers and VisitSavannah
- Feb. 8 - Callawassie Island Named Winner in The Knot Best of Weddings 2016
- Jan. 3 - Page International promotes Jackie Johnson to Director of Sales
- Dec. 15 - Southside Fire/EMS & Security mourns the death today of Chief Wesley Meadows
- Dec. 13 - Leadership Southeast Georgia Announces 2017 Board of Directors
- Nov. 28 - Janice Izlar and Glenda Anderson among Gov. Deal appointments to State board
- Oct. 4 - 2016 Big Wigs Cecilia Russo and Brynn Grant Announce “Let’s Tackle Breast Cancer" Football Fundraising Weekend
- Banquet announced for Dr. Priscilla Thomas, 8th District County Commissioner, retiring after 26 years of public service to youth and her community
- June 7 - Carver Village history celebrated; Application completed for inclusion on National Register of Historic Places
- May 5 - Savannah Bananas Announce Grayson Stadium Walk of Fame
- April 29, 2016 – Savannah City Council makes appointments to Boards, Commissions and Authorities
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20