By Lou Phelps, Savannah Business Journal
March 23, 2017 – The Savannah City Council is planning a half-day retreat this Saturday to discuss Strategic Priorities. It’s a meeting that City Manager Rob Hernandez outlined should be held back in November as he was thrown into the budget process, after just a few weeks on the job.
The meeting will be held Saturday, March 25, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Wesley Gardens, Burnside Island, located at 278 Shipyard Road, Savannah, GA 31406 in the Main House.
The meeting is open to the public.
As Hernandez outlined back in November, the city’s budget should be built on the Council’s priorities, from which decisions on financial expenditures then flows.
And, one of Hernandez’s first actions was to bring on a new member to the City’s leadership, Strategic Initiatives Manager, Elizabeth Taschereau , who joined the city staff back in October. Hernandez had worked with her as a contractor in a previous position.
- Mar. 22 – Senate 298 to incorporate City of Skidaway Island has First Reading in Senate
- Mar. 3 - PHELPS ON POLITICS: CCDC Missing 20% of its Members, But Who's Counting
- Feb. 28 - Residents and Businesses encouraged by City of Savannah to get involved in Great Savannah Cleanup; Kickoff is March 4
- Feb. 27 - Sen. Ben Watson’s Weekly Update; Week ending February 24, 2017
- Feb. 27 – Landings Association holds sessions today with property owners today; Ssked to support Resolution to create city
- Feb. 20 - Rep. Bill Hitchens – Weekly Report
- Feb. 16 – As City Council discusses whether ‘At Risk’ youth are left out of Summer jobs program, a 17 year old dies
- Feb. 16 - Congressman Buddy Carter to hold Town Hall next Tuesday, Feb. 21 at 3:00 p.m. at Armstrong Center
- Feb. 15 – City Council has jam-packed Agenda for Thursday Council Work Session at 12:30 p.m.
- Feb. 14 – New Chair of Chatham's Democratic Party, Alldrien Murray, seeks to build the CCDC
- In ‘State of the City’ speech, Mayor DeLoach announces a “Savannah Shines” Campaign and city’s first Early Childhood program with Dr. Tom Lockamy
- Feb. 9 - Mayor DeLoach to give State of City Address tonight at Civic Center
- County Commissioners release Request for Qualifications for a new Chatham County Court Complex
- Feb. 3 – How Active is YOUR Legislator? The Legislation filed or co-sponsored by members of the Chatham County Delegation to date
- Feb. 1 - Rep. Al Williams named Vice Chairman of Transportation Subcommittee on Ports and Local Government
- Mar. 2 - The Ronald McDonald House of the Coastal Empire Cornhole Tournament Set For March 11
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20