- SBJ Special Report: The John S. James Company Celebrates its 75th Year of Operation
- Chancellor of University System of Georgia Recommends Institution Consolidations of Georgia Southern and Armstrong State and two others
- Strong Performance and Profit for 2016 reported at Savannah Economic Development Authority’s Annual Meeting
- While Songy Highroads is choice of Trade Center Authority to build new private-investment hotel on Hutchinson Island, the timeline and steps forward in the process still under discussion
BREAKING NEWS Week of Jan. 8 - Jan. 15, 2017
- Jan. 18 - Is the Lt. Gov's and Senate Republicans “The FAST Act" a 'Score Card' on a lot of Georgia Republican-Majority City Councils/County Commissions?
- Jan. 18 – Robbie Jones, Coastal Electric of GA, chosen IEC Georgia’s Contractor of the Year
- Jan. 17 - I-95 Southbound Georgia Welcome Center closed to motorists for new construction
- Jan. 17 - Lt. Gov.says 'No,' but Rep.Stephens tells Atlanta media he has the votes for casino bill
- Jan. 17 - GA Legislative Black Caucus Issues Statement of Support on Record of Service of Congressman John Lewis
- Jan. 16 – EDITORIAL: The Concept of ‘Council’ lost in decision by Mayor DeLoach
- Jan. 16- Message by ASU President Linda M. Bleicken on Regents approval of Armstrong/Georgia Southern consolidation
- Jan. 12 – Commissioners to hold Special Called Mtg. to make Appointments; Will Consider changing “Enabling Act” of the Commission
- Jan. 12 – SMALL BUSINESS FOCUS: Linen + Lign Designs founded by Allison Willis
- Jan. 12 – Lou Phelps, Publisher of Coastal Empire News, named to Board of Directors, Society of Professional Journalists/GA Chapter
- Jan. 11 – Ameris Bank enters a Consent Order with the FDIC, including requirement to improve board oversight
- Jan. 10 – Lewis Color of Statesboro and Savannah’s DX Marketing announce merger
- Jan. 10 - Attorney Harris Martin named partner at Bouhan Falligant
- Jan. 10 - Downtown Streetscape Initiative Community Meeting scheduled for Jan. 17
- Jan. 10 – County Commission Chairman considering a Special Called Meeting this Friday to vote on appointments
- Jan. 9 - Tickets to public for Savannah Book Festival go on sale Weds. Jan 11; Over 40 Authors this year
Georgia Business News
South Carolina/Lowcountry Biz News
Richmond Hill / Bryan Business News
Effingham / Bulloch Business News
Health and Hospitals
Banking & FinanceROKSTORIES ERROR: File not found: images/Jennifer%20Stewart.jpg
Liberty / Long Business News
The Entertainment Business
Commercial Real Estate
Brunswick/Southeast Business News
Savannah Business Journal
Category: Retail & Shopping Centers
Bi-Lo Celebrates Opening of First Stores in Savannah Area
Nov. 14, 2013 — BI-LO is celebrating the opening of seven stores in the greater Savannah area – six in Southeast Georgia and one in Bluffton, S.C. The stores, which are the first BI-LO stores in the market, opened today with new signage and feature the same familiar faces and a mix of familiar products shoppers already love, as well as new offerings and services that provide customers with even more savings every time they shop.
The new BI-LO stores are located at:
• 7360 Skidaway Road, Savannah, Ga.
• 2142 East Victory Dr., Savannah, Ga.
• 4415 Augusta St., Garden City, Ga.
• 1042 U.S. Hwy 80 West, Pooler, Ga.
• 312 South Main St., Glennville, Ga.
• 1338 North Way, Darien, Ga.
• 50 Burnt Church Road, Bluffton, S.C.
“We are excited to open our first stores in the Savannah market,” said Rusty Streetman, Eastern region vice president for BI-LO stores. “We invite shoppers to visit the stores and learn more about BI-LO’s money-saving programs and quality products.”
Customers will find some of the local favorites and hot foods they’ve always enjoyed, like Mrs. Mac’s fried chicken, as well as new offerings, such as BI-LO’s popular “Lip Lickin’ Chicken,” Gold Star Angus beef, Walter’s fresh produce, Grab N’ Go prepared foods and a variety of other BI-LO own brands, including more than 1,400 Southern Home products. Customers can also take advantage of BI-LO’s “Price Lock” program that freezes the prices on hundreds of essential items over an extended period, providing shoppers with unique savings on a wide variety of everyday items.
In addition to the variety of product enhancements and expanded services, shoppers will discover a new way to save with BI-LO’s value programs, like the fuelperks! fuel rewards program, allowing customers to earn incredible gas savings every time they shop with their My BI-LO BONUSCARD. E-coupons offer a convenient way to load manufacturer savings onto the BI-LO BONUSCARD to be redeemed automatically with a swipe of the card right at the register. In addition, customers find weekly saving solutions with Buy One, Get One Free items, 10 for $10 promotions and Meal Deals, which provide great prices on a variety of meal options for the whole family.
“While the names on the stores have changed, what has not is what matters most – providing shoppers with friendly customer service and the freshest foods at the greatest prices, while giving back to the neighborhoods each store serves,” said Streetman.
The new BI-LO stores are seven of 22 stores in South Carolina and coastal Georgia purchased earlier this year from Piggly Wiggly Carolina Company Inc. by Bi-Lo Holdings LLC, parent company of the BI-LO and Winn-Dixie grocery chains.
Overall Rating (0)
- Dec. 2 - Chamber and LaunchSAVANNAH to host Holiday Oyster Roast Dec. 15
- Oct. 31 - Chamber Announces Rescheduled Bands in the Ballpark Event for Nov. 17
- Oct. 31 - 25th Anniversary Enmarket Savannah Bridge Run to be held Dec. 3
- Oct. 19 - SDRA to host Savannah Urbanism Series: Building Beauty in the Urban Environment on Oct. 20
- Oct. 18 - 10th Annual Chamber Cup Golf Tournament Scheduled for Nov. 18