February 24, 2021 - Current university students are encouraged to apply for a summer internship to help with the City of Savannah's Georgia Tech Smart Communities Challenge Grant project focused on using data science for equitable urban development.
Georgia Tech, Georgia Southern University, Savannah State University and SCAD students are eligible to apply by Friday, Feb. 26. The internship is a paid, full-time (40 hours per week) opportunity from May 17 to Aug. 6, 2021. The summer intern can earn up to an $8,000 stipend funded by Microsoft.
The Smart Community Corps (SCC) is the first statewide program of its kind for civic-minded students to gain hands-on, smart city experience. Working as a summer cohort and in community pairs, interns are placed into local municipalities to support smart technology projects dedicated to creating livable and equitable communities.
40 Under 40AgribusinessBanking & FinanceBusiness BuzzzzzzzzBusiness EventsCEO ProfilesChambers of CommerceConstruction & BuildingCovid19Economic DevelopmentEducation & Career Dev.ElectionsEntertainment BusinessNews Features/SeriesHealth & HospitalsHospitality & TourismLawLocal Govts & PoliticsLocal Media & AgenciesManufacturingNational NewsNon-Profit OrganizationsPeople in the NewsPorts & TransportationResidential Real EstateRetail & Shopping CentersTechnology & InnovationWork Force Development
- April 9 - Omega Construction breaks ground on new Montgomery Street development
- April 9 - New Realm Brewing expands into Charleston with brewery and restaurant
- April 12 - Rep. Ron Stephens' Weekly Update from the 2021 legislative session
- April 9 - Woof Gang Bakery & Grooming Savannah under new local ownership
- April 12 - Sen. Ben Watson's Weekly Update: Last Thoughts from the Legislative Session
- April 12 - Savannah Music Festival Announces Artists, Schedule for 2021 Spring Season on May 23-30
- April 8 - West Construction Company receives two Build Georgia Awards for local projects
- April 8 - Close to 1,000 property tax bills returned to office as undeliverable, prompting concerns
- April 5 - Community feedback needed on Forsyth Park Master Plan designs
- April 12 - Savannah Voice Festival collaborates with local organizations for April events
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.