July 8, 2021 - Neapolitan-inspired Pizzeria Vittoria commemorates its second anniversary at the Starland Yards this July through a month-long fundraiser in support of fellow independent restaurants.
In recognition of the challenges that independent restaurants across the country continue to face, Chef/Owner Kyle Jacovino is donating a portion of proceeds from the month to the James Beard Foundation's "Open For Good" campaign. Through the initiative, the Foundation is committed to helping restaurants survive the COVID-19 crisis, rebuild better, and thrive in the long term. To support the cause, Jacovino + team are introducing special pizzas and collaborative offerings throughout the month, including a specialty pie showcasing sustainable Italian ingredients from Gustiamo, an independent Bronx-based market and purveyor run by a first generation Italian dedicated to sourcing from small farmers. The Gustiamo "Marinara Pizza" features three types of organic tomatoes, garlic, Caciocavallo ”Sicilian cheese” and a drizzle of anchovy oil aged in wooden barrels.
Guests can also support the "Open For Good" fundraiser through purchases of anniversary shirts + tote bags designed by local artist Raphael Wolf, as well as a soon-to-debut collaboration Two Tides anniversary beer. For live updates on the specials and programming taking place at the Starland Yards, follow along @vittoriasavannah.
40 Under 40AgribusinessBanking & FinanceBusiness BuzzzzzzzzBusiness EventsCEO ProfilesChambers of CommerceConstruction & BuildingCovid19Economic DevelopmentEducation & Career Dev.ElectionsEntertainment BusinessNews Features/SeriesHealth & HospitalsHospitality & TourismLawLocal Govts & PoliticsLocal Media & AgenciesManufacturingNational NewsNon-Profit OrganizationsPeople in the NewsPorts & TransportationResidential Real EstateRetail & Shopping CentersTechnology & InnovationWork Force Development
- July 22 – 7:40 p.m. EXCLUSIVE: Acting City Manager Michael Brown has Resigned, Effective July 30
- July 22 - Savannah City Council names Jay Melder as new City Manager by unanimous vote
- July 21 - Savannah Arena receives new name, Enmarket Arena
- July 22 - Colonial Group Unveils Historical Marker in Savannah Celebrating 100 Years in Business
- July 20 - OSC secures "Tillman Addition" property for hiking, wildlife viewing and hunting
- July 26 - Citing rising COVID cases, face masks required again in Savannah
- July 22 - Council Approves a Number or Alcohol License; Delays Decision on License for Bellwether House, Gaston St
- July 22 – Council Deep Dives into Corrections to 'NewZO' on Height and Density in Two City Districts
- KATIE FITZHUGH promoted to Assistant Director at Re:Purpose Savannah
- July 23 – Johnson-Laux Construction Wins $5+Million Contract Sought by Airport Commission
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.