Savannah Business Journal Staff Report
June 27, 2019 - The City of Savannah has created new application checklists to improve transparency and help customers better understand all the necessary requirements that apply to building and development permits. By clearly defining all information and supporting documentation required for complete applications, the approval process will be faster for customers who submit complete applications.
As of July 1, a signed Complete Application Checklist must be submitted with new applications for the following types of permits:
- Commercial Building Permits
- Residential Building Permits
- Building Demolition Permits
- Sign, Canopy & Awning Permits
- Fence Permits
- Full Site Development Permits
- Site Demolition Permits
- Timbering, Grading or Clearing & Grubbing Permits
- Water & Sewer Only Permits
- Parking Lot Restriping Permits
If an applicant does not have all required supporting documentation and outside approvals, Development Services will continue accepting incomplete applications after July 1, but applicants will need to acknowledge that permits cannot be issued until all required information is submitted, reviewed and approved by the City.