June 29, 2020 - Ted J. Kleisner, retired CEO and active community leader, has been elected 2020-21 president of the Rotary Club of Savannah. On June 29, the Rotary gavel will be passed on to Kleisner from outgoing president, Ellen B. Bolch, President and CEO of THA Group.
A third-generation hotelier, Kleisner originally came to Savannah in 1973 as general manager of the DeSoto Hilton and that year became an active member of the Rotary Club of Savannah. He is a former member of Rotary organizations in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, and Hershey, Pennsylvania.
“I am honored that Rotary Savannah has entrusted me with the leadership of the organization,” Kleisner said. “I look forward to continuing our mission to promote peace, fight disease, support health and education initiatives, and to grow our local economy.”
Kleisner is the immediate past chairman of the board of trustees of the Telfair Museums, president of the Savannah Classical Academy Foundation and a member of the board of directors of the Savannah Music Festival, Inc. Appointed by the Mayor and City Council of Savannah, he currently serves as a commissioner on the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport Commission and as a member of the Downtown Savannah Authority board.
The Chicago native retired as chairman of the board, president & CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts Company and as president of CSX Hotels, Inc., CEO of The Greenbrier Resort & Club Management Company and The Greenbrier Sporting Club Development Company, Inc. He is a graduate of the University of Denver’s College of Business.
Kleisner and his wife of 48 years, Karen, reside in Savannah’s Historic Landmark District. They have two grown children: Kerry (Cornell ‘94) and Colonel Teddy (USMA, West Point ’97; and five grandchildren.
40 Under 40AgribusinessBanking & FinanceBusiness BuzzzzzzzzBusiness EventsCEO ProfilesChambers of CommerceConstruction & BuildingCovid19Economic DevelopmentEducation & Career Dev.ElectionsEntertainment BusinessNews Features/SeriesHealth & HospitalsHospitality & TourismLawLocal Govts & PoliticsLocal Media & AgenciesManufacturingNational NewsNon-Profit OrganizationsPeople in the NewsPorts & TransportationResidential Real EstateRetail & Shopping CentersTechnology & InnovationWork Force Development
- FEATURE: Parker’s Named 2020 Convenience Store Chain of the Year by CStore Decisions, Earning Industry’s Top Honor
- June 16 – Georgia Enters Next Re-Opening Phase; Mayor Concerned About New Cases in Chatham County
- BREAKING: City of Savannah announces emergency order requiring face masks in public, effective July 1
- June 30 - Citizens Bank and Trust rebrands as Great Oaks Bank, announces further expansion in Coastal Georgia
- FEATURE - Rep. Stephens’ Efforts to Bring Casinos and Horse Racing to Georgia Appears to Have New Life
- FEATURE: Port City Logistics Announces Major Expansion in Port Wentworth; $80 Million Investment
- June 29 - Center Parc Credit Union to open three Savannah area locations
- June 29 - Georgia Power Announces Resequencing of Vogtle Units 3 & 4 Planned Activities
- June 22 – Georgia Senate Bill 249 Passes Georgia House Increasing Retirement Benefits for Peace Officers
- EDITORIAL: Sen. Jackson Takes the Lead on Important Issue of Addressing the Need for Adult Education
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.